Coaching for Juniors, Beginners and Improvers
Juniors, Beginners and Improvers
The club runs one of the largest junior sections in the Ipswich area, catering for young players of all abilities. Our aim is to develop young players through coaching and match play with the ultimate aim of integrating them into the adult club in the future, and we are always keen to welcome new players. Junior sessions are run by a selection of our qualified coaches at the following times every week:
- Saturdays 9.00am-1.00pm – This session includes coaching and is predominantly run for younger and less experienced juniors, although all standards are welcome. Contact Linda Sheppard for info, see contacts page.
We are lucky enough to have 4 Badminton England qualified coaches at the club who are always willing to offer valuable help and advice. Coaching sessions are also often available on request at no extra charge for all badminton club members; please speak to them for more information. The members of coaching staff available at the club include:
- David Driver – Coaching Secretary, Level 2 Qualified Coach and current Suffolk U17 Squad Coach.
- Mike Tee – Level 2 Qualified Coach
- Stephen Smith – Level 2 Qualified Coach and ex-county champion.
- Linda Shepherd – Level 2 Qualified Coach and current Suffolk U13 Squad Coach.
For more information about coaching available at the club, please contact Sue Poole / Linda Sheppard (see contact page).